Create your own gift basket – How to Choose the Best Basket or Container For Your Gift Basket
Want to create your own gift basket? Well, one of the most important steps you need to take in creating a gift basket is to choose the most appropriate basket or container to hold your gifts.
Basket / container ideas
- The basket or container you use to create your own gift basket can be in any shape, size, colour and material.
- In fact, it does not have to a basket all the time. You can also use boxes, bags or tins to hold your gifts. More specific container ideas can also be used depending on the theme of the gift basket. For example, if you are making a baby gift basket, you can use a bath tub and if you are making a kitchen gift basket, you can use a large bowl or colander as the container for your gift basket.
- A good way of getting the baskets for your gift basket is to be on the look out for any attractive containers you may come across all year round. In that way, you don’t have to worry about having to shop for one when you need one.
- However, if you don’t have a suitable basket and plan to buy one specifically for a gift basket, always keep in mind to buy the gift items first. In that way, you will be able to choose the right size for your gifts.
Below are some of the commonly used basket or container ideas that you can use to create your own gift basket:
- Baskets – wicker, wire, straw, etc.
- Grocery bags – Use the plain ones and decorate with stickers, markers and paints to suit your liking
- Boxes – can be plain or decorative and can be made of various materials likecardboard, plastic or wood. Boxes make perfect containers for gift towers.
- Gift bags – can be purchased from craft stores and are meant to hold gifts. Gift bags come in various materials such as paper, plastic and cloth.
- Canvas totes – bags made of canvas that can be used to hold gifts.
- Crates – commonly made of straw or wood and are great as keepsakes
- Tins – can be plain or decorated and also work well for gift towers.
And if you are thinking of using specific containers to hold your gifts, you can use the following ideas:
- Gardening – flower pots, watering can, planters
- Baking – Bundt pan, bread basket, loaf pans, cookies jars
- Kitchen – big bowls, colander, casserole dish, pie plate, serving bowls, serving trays, crockpot
- Kids – plastic sand buckets, large toys like dump trucks, rocking chairs, baby bath tub
- Others – metal buckets, ice buckets, pottery, popcorn containers, mugs, laundry basket, picnic baskets
Where to look for the baskets / containers
Back to Homemade Gift Basket Ideas
From Create Your Own Gift Basket - How to Choose the Best Basket or Container For Your Gift Basket - Back to Homepage